The Jacqueline Desmarais Foundation for Young Canadian Opera Singers Support program – 2020
Support the development and promote the careers of young Canadian opera singers.
- Conservatory or university graduates (voice studies)
- Young professionals at the beginning of their careers
- Age limit of 32 years of age as of March 31, 2020
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Musical and artistic support
- Singing lessons (additional training)
- Acting (additional training)
- Accommodation (up to $150/day per diem)
- Recital/audition gowns
Only one project a year can be submitted, but a project can include more than one element (for example, coaching and transportation for auditions).
Living expenses are not eligible.
The majority of grants are of the order of $5,000.
Grants are to be used only for the purpose approved by the Foundation. Copies of invoices may be requested. Any change in plans must be approved by the Foundation.