The 2020 edition is suspended in the wake of the COVID–19 outbreak
Following government measures put in place to slow down the spread of COVID-19, The Jacqueline Desmarais Foundation for Young Canadian Opera Singers is suspending its 2020 edition for an indeterminate period.
We are monitoring developments closely. Other information may be communicated to you in due course.
How to file an application
To submit your application online, you must first create an account. Once you complete the registration form, you will receive an email from “WordPress” with a link that will allow you to enable your account and begin using the Application Portal. If you don’t receive an email, make sure to check your spam folder!
Once your account has been created and confirmed, log into the application portal to submit your application package by the deadline, including:
- The Foundation’s 2020 application form, duly completed
- 8×10 photo in JPG format
- Audio demo in MP3 format
- NOTE: A blind jury carries out the preselection. Please do not introduce yourself in the demo. Videos are not accepted.
- Two recent letters of recommendation
- NOTE: The letters of recommendation may be sent directly to the Foundation by your references themselves, either by post or by email.
Requirements for the audio demo (no videos):
- Three selections with piano accompaniment only
- Two opera arias + one lied or melody from three different eras and/or languages
- Maximum length: 15 minutes
In the submission form on the application portal, clearly identify:
- Name of singer
- Choice of pieces/composers
- Recording date
- Name of pianist
Completed application forms, including ALL required materials, must be SUBMITTED VIA THE APPLICATION PORTAL. Applications received after the deadline will be refused.
Once you begin filling up your application in one language, please make sure to continue using the Application Portal in that language.
If you switch to the other language, you will have to fill the forms again.
Thank you for your understanding!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.